Nacional de Cuba
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba is one of the best hotels in the country. With its five-star rating and flag rating, it has welcomed such illustrious guests as Winston Churchill, Frank Sinatra, Marlon Brando, Robert de Niro and Steven Spielberg. This hotel, created 85 years ago, stands out for the great elegance with which it is decorated, for the exquisite attention of its service and for its ‘cubanía’, which means a sacred respect for the symbolism and the cultural tradition of the island.
In the gardens of the majestic hotel of gigantic dimensions, there are two cannons of the extinct military battery of Santa Clara, which have been declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba is in one of the best areas of the country: the neighbourhood of Vedado, in the very heart of Havana. From this hotel you can enjoy the classic Malecón of Havana, and of the Fortress of Morro.
Havana’s José Martí International Airport is only 15 kilometres from the hotel.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba has 426 rooms, 34 suites and one Presidential Suite. They are divided into the following modalities:
– Simple room. This delicately decorated room, measuring 22 m2, features a bed and includes breakfast, Internet, gym, safe and sauna.
– Double and triple room. As above, but featuring two or three beds.
– Junior Suite It consists of a bedroom, a bathroom and views of the sea. Its dimensions are 50 m2 and it is perfect for children because of its ample space for games.
– Senior Suite Composed of two bedrooms, a living room, two bathrooms and with a balcony overlooking the sea. 50 m2.
– Special Suite This modality includes two bedrooms and an extra-large room. It offers two bathrooms and a large balcony for meetings in 50 m2.
– Royal Suite It is located on the eighth floor, the building’s top floor. Within 50 m2 it has a dining room with capacity for eight people.
– Presidential Suite. In this 60 m2 suite, its three bathrooms and its large terrace stand out. It is a space equipped with every luxurious detail.
The Hotel Nacional de Cuba is highly rated for its exquisite cuisine. Its guests can access the following restaurants: the luxurious restaurant Comedor de Aguiar, which serves national and international cuisine; the buffet restaurant La Veranda offering typical Cuban food; the Creole restaurant La Barranca with an excellent menu of Creole food; and the cafeteria El Rincón del Cine , which specialises in light meals and snacks. In addition, in its facilities you can find the following bars to enjoy a drink: Bar Salón de la Fama, Bar Galería, Bar Rosa Náutica, Bar Churchill and Cabaret Parisién.